Built in 1930 and launched in 1931, the steamship City of Milwaukeeis the last traditional railroad car ferry on the Great Lakes. She was built and operated by the Grand Trunk Railroad until 1978. She then sailed for the Ann Arbor Railroad before retirement in 1981.
The S.S. City of Milwaukee is a National Historic Landmark museum, permanently moored on Manistee Lake. This vessel provides guided tours, museum exhibits, facility rentals and the acclaimed Ghost Ship haunted attraction in October.